Though I am of German heritage, I know precious few words in the language. So, when Monique nominated me for the Liebster Award, I had to look the word up on google translate. The translation? Dearest.
Well, isn’t that lovely?
Part of the fun of blog awards is reading and learning about other blogs, so I’m definitely happy to play! When I’m done with this, I’m going to go through and explore some of Monique’s favorites, and I encourage others to check out some of the blogs I find interesting, too!
For this award, they want you to answers some questions posed by the poster, and then to nominate 5 others. So if you’re looking for some interesting blogs I’ve found, go towards the bottom!
And my questions are:
1. Are you happy with yourself? – What an interesting question. I’m going to go with yes, because if I’m not happy with myself, I will try and fix what is bothering me.
2. What was your first job and what is your occupation now? – My first job out of college – a safari driver at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. My job now – a Digital Marketing Specialist for the Amway Corporation.
3. What was the make/model of your first car? – Chevy Nova. Stick shift, had to put anti-freeze in the gas tank in the winter, and the fabric on the ceiling was held up by duct tape and staples. It was painted sparkly tractor trailer paint blue because it was cheaper than car paint.
4. Why did you give your blog the name that you did? – Because I love alliteration, and this blog is all about my random thoughts on life!
5. What are your favorite sports teams? – Michigan State University Spartans. (Other teams exist…?)
6. What is your favorite color? – Red!
7. Do you think all bottled water is the same? – I once had a friend who, before we were of legal drinking age, was a connoisseur of bottled and sparkling waters. He maintained that there were distinct differences between them. I guess my palate isn’t that sophisticated, because I can’t really taste much difference…
8. Are you always right? Or never wrong? – Always right. That puts me on the offensive, not the defensive 😉
9. Early morning or late night person? – Mornings all the way. Though I would prefer that mornings started when the sun is up. I’m really a sun person. The sun’s up, I’m up! The sun’s down… well, you get the idea.
10. Rate yourself from 1 to 10. – 5: because it’s my favorite number.
My 5 Nominees Are:
My Questions Are:
1) What inspired you to start your blog in the first place?
2) If you could have the answer to any one question in the world/universe, what would it be?
3) Who is your hero?
4) Pepsi or Coke?
5) Tell us about a life changing event for you.
6) If you could go anywhere on vacation, right now, where would you go?
7) What’s your favorite TV show?
8) What do you never leave home without?
9) If you were a food, what would you be, and why?
10) Muppets in Space! Who is your favorite Muppet?
Now it is your turn. In a new post:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site. (That would be me at Marla’s Musings)
2. Answer all of the questions.
3. Nominate at least 5 new bloggers with less than 200 followers, be sure you let them know in a comment pinging back to your site.
4. Compile your own list of questions (remember to be creative).
5. Sit back and enjoy the interesting blogs.